The capital of Colorado and the largest city in the Rocky Mountains, Denver sits at exactly one mile above sea level and is thus nicknamed the “Mile-High City.” One of the fastest emerging cities in the United States of America, Denver is a cosmopolitan city with a lively atmosphere and a distinctive mining and cowboy past.
Characterized by its rich art and performing arts scene, superb outdoor festivals, beautiful surroundings, and easy accessibility to skiing in the Rocky Mountains, there’s plenty to do and see in Denver to warrant a nice long stay in the city.
With so many places to visit, it could be overwhelming to figure out the best accommodation that gives convenient proximity to all important locations in the city. Let us explore the popular neighborhood so you can decide where to stay in Denver during your trip.
One of the oldest neighborhoods in Denver, Five Points was once home to a major black community. Once upon a time the governors, mayors, and affluent businessmen of Denver called this area home, however, today, it is a diverse community with a rich cultural history and some of the best barbecue, soul food, and Caribbean delicacies in the city. Regarded in history as the “Harlem of the West,” the neighborhood is known to host some of the greatest jazz clubs (Five Points’ Club) and musicians of all time, including Miles Davis, Billie Holiday, and Charlie Parker. If you are here in May, you must attend the annual Five Points Jazz Festival. To learn about the neighborhoods African American past, pay a visit to the Black American West Museum.
Good for: All kinds of travelers.
Other Highlights: The Blair Caldwell African American Research Library, Coors Field, Mestizo-Curtis Park, and City of Cuernavaca Park.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Denver – With exclusive views of the surrounding mountains or the happening downtown neighborhood, this luxury hotel offers spacious rooms perfect for a comfortable stay. Whether you want a tasty steak or a rejuvenating spa, Ritz-Carlton Denver has it all. Enjoy a delightful cocktail at the in-house bar and sweat it out the next morning at the fully-equipped fitness center. Perfect for couples and families.
- Hilton Denver City Center – Inspired by the neighboring Rocky Mountains, this elegant hotel offers well-designed guestrooms with utilities such as coffee maker, work desk, and flat-screen TV. Guests can start their mornings at the on-site fitness center, followed by a day of sightseeing, and then a relaxing dip in the heated indoor pool. Relish the farm-to-table cuisine at the in-house restaurant and bar. Great for all kinds of travelers.
- Grand Hyatt Denver – A few hundred meters from 16th Street Mall, Grand Hyatt Denver features luxurious guestrooms with comfy extra-large double beds, a seating area to relax, and a work desk. Guests can relax in the pool or savor a delightful meal at the on-site restaurant and bar. For fitness enthusiasts and sports lovers, the property also has a tennis court and a jogging track on the rooftop. Suitable for all kinds of travelers.
The upscale dining and shopping neighborhood of Denver, Cherry Creek is an easy 5 minutes’ drive from Downtown. An absolute paradise for shopaholics, the main attraction in the area is the Cherry Creek Shopping center which features over 160 brands, many of which are exclusive to the neighborhood. Another primary attraction for shoppers is Milwaukee Street, a.k.a. Cherry Creek North, an outdoor shopping avenue with countless art galleries, upscale restaurants, and of course, high-end boutique stores. Once you are exhausted after all the shopping, spend a relaxing afternoon at one of the many spas scattered around the neighborhood. Cyclists can enjoy a long ride along the 22-mile Cherry Creek Bike Path that provides a picturesque alternative to get from central Denver to Cherry Creek Reservoir.
Good for: All kinds of travelers, especially shopping enthusiasts.
Other Highlights: Pulaski Park, Cherry Creek Trail, Ross-Cherry Creek Branch Library, and Cherry Creek State Park.
- Hyatt Place Denver Cherry Creek – Set in the heart of Cherry Creek, this stylish hotel offers comfortable guestrooms with latest amenities such as flat-screen TV with pay-per-view channels, a work desk, a seating area with gorgeous views of the mountains, and much more. A fitness center, a 24-hour front desk, and an on-site restaurant are also available on the property. Complimentary breakfast is served daily. Great for all kinds of travelers, including big groups of up to 6 members.
- JW Marriott Denver at Cherry Creek – A 4-star hotel with guestrooms that offer stunning views of the city and the nearby mountains, JW Marriott Denver at Cherry Creek welcomes you to enjoy your holiday packed with delicacies from their award-winning restaurant and creative dining at the outdoor stone pit. Shed the extra calories at the fitness center and relish a refreshing cocktail at the on-site bar. Suitable for all kinds of travelers.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Cherry Creek – With a soothing hot tub and revitalizing indoor pool, this wonderfully-decorated property takes luxury to a whole new level. Guests stay in spacious rooms fitted with state-of-the-art facilities and enjoy complimentary use of Wi-Fi and the on-site fitness center. The property also offers storage facility for your ski gear in case you plan to ski the Rocky Mountains. Perfect for all kinds of travelers, including big groups of up to 5 members.
Arguably the oldest residential district in Denver, Uptown is a charming neighborhood with streets lined with Victorian and Queen Anne structures and retro-themed businesses. 17th Avenue, the main street in Uptown, houses a huge range of boutiques, cafes, restaurants, and bars. For fitness enthusiasts, the neighborhood borders with the splendid City Park, Denver’s premier green space comprising tennis courts, soccer fields, lakes, and quite a few historical monuments. The City Park is also home to the Denver Zoo and Denver Museum of Nature and Science. One of the primary attractions in the area that attracts locals and tourists alike is Restaurant Row, a long stretch of road along the East 17th Avenue that hosts a number of diners, wine bars and dessert eateries.
Good for: All kinds of travelers, especially food lovers and families with children.
Other Highlights: Fillmore Auditorium, St John’s Cathedral, Ogden Theatre, and Molly Brown House Museum.
- Warwick Denver – Situated in the hip Uptown neighborhood of Denver, Warwick Denver offers opulent guestrooms with custom furniture, cozy beds, pay-per-view channels, and 24-hour room service. Enjoy a meal at the on-site restaurant or refresh yourself with an amazing cocktail at the rooftop bar. For fitness lovers, there is also a fully-equipped fitness center and free bicycle rentals. Great for solo travelers and couples.
- Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel – Located next to the 16th Street Mall, Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel offers upscale accommodation, a wonderful outdoor pool, and multiple on-site dining facilities. Business travelers can make use of the avant-garde business center. Flex your muscles at the in-house fitness center and start your evening with a thirst-quenching cocktail at the bar. Perfect for all kinds of travelers.
- Crowne Plaza Denver – A 5 minutes’ walk from the Colorado Convention center, Crowne Plaza Denver is known for its luxurious accommodation, warm hospitality, and several state-of-the-art amenities such as an outdoor swimming pool, a fully-functional fitness center, a 24-hour front desk, and an on-site restaurant. Suitable for all kinds of travelers.
Lower Downtown (LoDo)
LoDo, the hip neighborhood of Denver, is located a few blocks from the State Capitol. Despite its Victorian architecture and historic exterior, the neighborhood is among the trendiest districts in the city. Stroll through the streets to explore a myriad of cafes, sports bars, and fine-dining restaurants. Home to Coors Field, famed for Major League Baseball’s Colorado Rockies, LoDo’s primary attraction undoubtedly has to be a walk around the 16th Street Mall, a pedestrian-friendly stretch of road dotted with stores, diners, and bars. A classy dinner at the rooftop of the Viewhouse rewards you with panoramic vistas of the Denver skyline. If you are short on time and are visiting only for the weekend, don’t look anywhere else – this is the place to be.
Good for: All kinds of travelers, especially the young.
Other Highlights: Larimer Square, Union Station, Museum of Contemporary Art Denver, Commons Park, Pepsi Center, and Ellie Caulkins Opera House at Denver Performing Arts Complex.
- Hotel Indigo Denver Downtown – A beautifully-designed hotel with brilliant facilities and services, Hotel Indigo Denver Downtown is located at the center of the Lower Downtown district with easy proximity to Larimer Square, Pepsi Center, and Great Divide Brewing. The property also features a fitness center, an on-site restaurant, and special arrangements for travelers with pets. Suitable for all kinds of travelers.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Denver Downtown – Offering a daily complimentary breakfast buffet, a fitness center, free Wi-Fi throughout the property, an on-site diner, and a 24-hour front desk, SpringHill Suites by Marriott Denver Downtown is a great choice for visitors wanting to explore the Downtown neighborhood and its surroundings. Great for all kinds of travelers, including big groups of up to 6 members and visitors with pets.
- The Curtis- A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel – A stone’s throw away from the hustle and bustle of Lower Downtown, this chic hotel offers well-appointed guestrooms with comfy double beds, free Wi-Fi, TV with satellite channels, and private bathroom. Guests can enjoy an optional breakfast daily as well as the many facilities in and around the property. Perfect for all kinds of travelers.
Central Business District
Located adjacent to LoDo, this neighborhood has it all – local entertainment, shopping avenues, museums, family-friendly attractions, and even adventure sports. Quiet high on the entertainment index of Denver, the Central Business District neighborhood is nestled along the Platte River, where visitors can go tubing and paddle boarding for a relaxing day on the water. A popular family attraction is the Downtown Aquarium. Equipped with 150,000 gallons of exhibition, a bar, and a restaurant, the attraction is perfect for family outings or a pleasant date. Coors Field, home of the Colorado Rockies Baseball team, plays host to Oktoberfest – a two weeks celebration of the German beer festival that is held in October. For art and museum lovers, a visit to the intriguing Denver Art Museum is a must. The museum is the largest of its kind between the West and Chicago and is dedicated to Western Art.
Good for: All kinds of travelers.
Other Highlights: Elitch Gardens, Fillmore Music Hall Auditorium, Denver Beer Trail, Confluence Park, Denver Firefighters Museum, and the Colorado Convention Center.
- Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center – Featuring magnificent views of the Rocky Mountains and the city of Denver, this classy hotel features well-furnished guestrooms with latest amenities. Guests can take a dip in the refreshing pool or the hot tub after a day of exploration and sip a cocktail afterwards at the on-site lounge and bar. A fitness center and a business center take care of all your workout and work-related needs. Suitable for all kinds of travelers.
- Hilton Garden Inn Denver Downtown – With expansive guestrooms and top-in-line facilities, this swanky hotel is just a few steps from major attractions in the city, including Colorado Convention Center, 16th Street, and Denver Performing Arts Center. A fresh complimentary breakfast is served daily at the on-site restaurant. Guests can stick to their workout regime at the fitness center or swim a few laps at the spacious pool. Perfect for all kinds of travelers.
- Homewood Suites- Denver Downtown Convention Center – A few minutes’ walk from the famous Colorado Convention Center, this charming property features fully-equipped suites with extra-large beds, kitchen, TV with cable channels, dining area, and a lot more. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property. Guests traveling on their own can make use of on-site private parking. Great for all kinds of travelers.
Capitol Hill/Downtown Denver
Not to be confused with LoDo (Lower Downtown), Downtown Denver, also known as Capitol Hill, is a buzzing district with some of the best attractions in the city. Named after Colorado State Capitol building, the neighborhood is swarming with places of historic importance and many trendy businesses. Next to the State Capitol Building is the Civic Center Park, home of the prominent Voorhies Memorial and several other notable structures. For travelers on business, the area provides easy access to the Colorado Convention Center. For locals and visitors alike, the primary area of the neighborhood is the Golden Triangle, an area encircled by Lincoln Street, North Speer Boulevard, and East Colfax and Capitol Hill which hosts the majority of Denver’s iconic attractions, including Molly Brown House Museum (home of the RMS Titanic survivor, the “unsinkable” Margaret Brown) and the United States Mint.
Good for: All kinds of travelers.
Other Highlights: Denver Art Museum, Kirkland Museum of Fine & Decorative Art, Cheesman Park, and Denver Botanic Gardens.
- Patterson Inn – A 10 minutes’ gentle stroll from Colorado State Capitol and the Governor’s Park, Patterson Inn features wonderfully-designed guestrooms with furnishing and details inspired by the French from the late 1800s. Guests can also enjoy pleasant city views from their rooms. The property offers a complimentary “social hour” every evening from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM with free beverages and appetizers. Suitable for all kinds of travelers.
- the ART, a hotel – An architectural wonder, the Art, a hotel features futuristic interiors and exteriors as well great guest amenities. Visitors with pets are welcome here. Every room is fitted with all necessary facilities. Guests can additionally enjoy the on-site bar and restaurant, a fully-operational fitness center, and a free shuttle service. Perfect for all kinds of travelers.
- The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection – A luxury hotel with plush amenities such as multiple dining facilities, a rejuvenating spa, 24-hour room service, well-decorated guestrooms, salon services, and a fitness center, the Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection is a 10 minutes’ drive to Pepsi Center, Denver Zoo, and Coors Field. Some tariff packages come with daily complimentary breakfast. Great for all kinds of travelers.