2. Parc du Prieuré
The Musée de la Batellerie is in a château that was rebuilt in the 19th century with in an exuberant mix of Neo-Gothic and Neo-Renaissance architecture.
The property was bought by the town in the 1930s and its gorgeous gardens follow a plan laid out a century before.
There’s an elegant orangery from 1850, beside a metal and glass greenhouse from 1885. The orangery has been turned into an exhibition space with a restored 19th-century plaster sculpture by the revered Auguste Cain.
Mill around the lawns, flowerbeds, monumental staircase and pause over the dreamy views of the Seine.